I don’t like food network shows. To me it’s just a lot of nonsense and we fall for it, sad. This is something we do everyday you must eat right, these so called food expert’s make money off you the viewers. They need to get a real job, like working in a busy restaurant. I know they will never cope, they just celebrity chefs the network chose them for ratings. I tried some of there recipes, not to my taste, who eats raw food a thick steak that takes 10 minutes a side, come on guys. I can make a tasty soft well done steak in the oven and it tastes so nice, only difference it takes me real cooking time to do it. They not cool, just after the big pay day and fame of cause. Stop supporting them, eating is a must and I believe these celeb chefs are just in it for the money. They cook a lot of nonsense, but hey just my opinion. I will update this topic.
I sometimes wish I can find the me in me. When I think back to when I was much younger I did not care what other people thought of me like how I looked, dressed or felt about things. I miss those days, really I do. Society now dictates to us living in the so called modern world as to how we should live our lives. Its like we all become clones of other peoples lives, wanting to fit in. Where has our individuality gone, have we lost the real me in me. We always hear talk about being an individual but I don’t see it much anymore. We are mostly copies of other people, wanting to look like them, think like them, live like them, eat like them, you get my meaning. That why I’m really trying to find that me in me, the person I was meant to be when I was born into this world, an individual person, different from the rest. When we copy other people to much we find ourselves not really living all that we can be. I want to be me again.
Whatever you’ve done in the past and was not successful counts for nothing to secure your future. What counts is what you doing now about securing your future.
There is a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and much less prevalent.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with there ingenuity.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
There is no proof nor yet denial. We were, we are, and will be.
A good solution applied with vigar now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.
Stewing lamb curry is also one of my favorite curry dishes but requires more cooking time. I use the same ingredients used in ground beef mince curry but replacing the mince with the lamb.
Apply the same method before adding the lamb. Once you add the lamb mix it well with the ingredients in the pot. Add enough boiling water to cover the lamb and let it cook for about two and a half hours or until the lamb is soft adding more water and stirring at regular intervals.
Once the lamb is soft add the potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Take the pot off the stove and let it cool for about half and hour before dishing it into a serving dish.
I hope this recipe was useful to you. I look forward to reading your comments.
Mince curry is the perfect quick and easy meal to do on week nights. Its tasty and does not require much preparation and cooking time. Below is my version of a quick and tasty mince curry. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as my family and I.
- 1kg ground beef mince
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 medium size potatoes diced
- 1 table spoon of crushed spicy mixed garlic and ginger (if you don’t have the crushed spicy mixed garlic and ginger then the normal type is fine, you will just be loosing a bit of flavour)
- 1 & half table spoons fine table salt ( depends on how much salt you like in your food )
- 2 table spoons mother in-law curry powder
- 6 – 8 curry leaves
- 1 table spoon ground tumeric powder
- 2 whole Thai chillies not diced but pricked with a sharp knife (this method allows the flavour of the chillies to be released into the curry and when you done cooking the chilies can be removed from the dish ).
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Heat a little oil in a pot on medium high heat just enough to cover the base of the pot.
- Put the onions, chillies, crushed garlic and ginger, curry powder, curry leaves and ground tumeric powder into the pot ( do it like this it works ).
- Mix the ingredients together and add a little boiling water if it starts to stick to the pot.
- Let it simmer for about 2 min then add the ground beef and mix well until the mince is coated with the curry mix.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Add enough boiling water to just cover the mince and leave to cook for about 35 min or till mince is done.
- Stir pot every say 10 min and make sure there is enough water in the pot to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the potatoes to the pot mixing well and continue cooking until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn the heat off and remove the pot from the plate and let the curry rest for about half an hour before transfering to a bowl.
- You can serve this dish with rice, bread or roti up to you.
I hope that you guys will find this recipe helpful. I would like to get feedback comments on what you thought of this tasty ground beef curry recipe.
Emails can be sent to :
No business is successful because of one person. It might be true that one person had the vision but to bring that vision to life it took others to buy into that vision.
No matter how much you revisit the past there is nothing new to see.
My family and I decided to go for lunch at Spur this afternoon (Sunday lunch). This is something we very seldom do because we prefer to cook our own food. When we arrived at Spur the service was very good and we had nothing to complain about. Well done guys for your good service. We were showed to our table and given the menus. We ordered our drinks and soon afterwards ordered our starters. The drinks and starters were okay and we had no complaints. We ordered our main meal that was ribs and chicken and as always we request the ribs to be well done because we don’t eat undercook meat. The restaurant was busy as expected being month end. When our food arrived the chicken was nice but the ribs looked like it was boiled and had no barbeque colour, very disappointing and tasteless.I could have sent it back to ask them to cook it a bit longer but decided not to. We ended up requesting doggie bags and took the ribs home. I got home made my own marinade for the cooked Spur ribs and put them in the oven to first bake and then grill. I will share the marinate recipe with you at a later stage. The result was tasty and the way we like it. The morale of my story is if you in the restaurant business and a customer request how there food should be done please honour there request and take pride in the product you bringing to the table. I am sure many of you have experienced similar situations. I would like to here your comments whether it’s positive or negative.
Hi everybody, I just finished watching South Africa playing Namibia even though we won 57 – 3, I’m still not convinced that we played our best game. We made far to many unforced handling errors. I think that in the last few minutes South Africa played very average rugby. Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m a big supporter of Springbok rugby and want nothing more but for them to do well in the 2019 rugby world cup but I still feel they not urgent enough. I hope that the next game they play against Italy we show a little more class and commitment. If any of you guys have an opinion on this match feel free to comment, I would love to hear your comments.
Thanks for joining me!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton